Sunday, July 10, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Hello.

Well, the fantastic quality of this week's video seems to be blowing up my Macbook, so there won't be a video tonight. I hope to post it tomorrow, but it is doing an excellent job of freezing the software. So, this week's hours are as follows in the meantime.

Classroom Hours: 8 - Reading In Cold Blood, American Literature Source book work.
Grad School Hours: 4 - GRE Test.


Total Hours: 60.5

I passed with room to spare and am moving on to preparing my CV and letters of recommendation.

Have a good week, and look for the update soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I've been reading your blog since the beginning but haven't been able to comment until now. I teach fourth grade at a private school, and I believe these issues of unrecognized time and effort are a huge part of the private school world, too. Friends at public school confirm that I have a bit more prep time than they do, but that doesn't mean I didn't take a couple of hours during my vacation in New York City to plan a science unit for next year. In fact, my summer schedule looks a lot like yours, with a thick stack of reading and planning.

    Have you given any thought to talking about personal money spent on classroom materials? I know that besides giving a lot of time into our jobs, we teachers are also notorious for putting their own money into classrooms and supplies. Imagine a doctor buying a Advil out of pocket for her patients. . .

    Keep up the good work,
    Maria
    http://schooled-essays.blogspot.com/
    http://mshoward.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete