I've been out of town the past 36 hours without an internet connection, so I apologize about the radio silence. It's been welcoming, but a little overwhelming to see the response so far. I hope I'm up for the challenge!
Here's a few quick responses to the general comments that have been made so far.
1) I will be posting my rules and justification of them on Sunday.
2) Along with my rules will be an official time card, if you will.
3) I'd love to be able to create a website or cloud document to organize hundreds or thousands of teacher's logs. I'd welcome suggestions on that topic.
4) Hello to all my international colleagues! As American schools are currently being negatively favored to schools abroad I am very curious to hear international opinions of American schools and students!
5) I really like the tone of the discourse so far. Opinionated, but respectful. Please keep that up!
I did some filming tonight for my rules video coming on Sunday night. I hope to post videos on Sunday nights for the next year, and intermittent writings. I'm sure they will ebb and flow as the year progresses.
Thanks to everyone for the kind and encouraging words! Keep spreading the idea and stay strong!